Thank you so much Crafty Palooza for nominating me for The Liebster Award!
The Liester Award is a blog award that one receives from another blogger. In order to be nominated you must be a newer book blogger. Once your nominated, you get to nominate other book blogs.
Link and thank the person who nominated your blog.
Answer the questions they asked you.
Pick eleven bloggers with less than 200 followers to nominate.
Ask them eleven questions.
Let them know by commenting on one of their posts.
Here are the questions Crafty Palooza asked me:
1. Why did you start your blog?
Well, for one thing I love writing. Writing about things I love (a.k.a. books) even more.
2. Fiction or Non-Fiction?
Fiction. Definitely fiction. I do enjoy reading some non-fiction from time to time, but that means I’ll read a few pages and until next time. Though it does depend what it’s about. I especially love history and mythology books.
3. Book you’ve read so many times the spine has been broken multiple times?
None of my spines are broken; I’m very careful with my books. Though I’ve reread Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone (Dutch, I’ve also got the English one) the most.
4. How many books did you read this summer? List them.
The entire summer! Let’s see… I’ve read the following 24 books in this order:
The Cuckoo’s Calling by J.K. Rowling
The Demigod Files by Rick Riordan
The Demigod Diaries by Rick Riordan
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by J.K. Rowling
A World Without Princes by Soman Chainani
The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion
Doctor Who: The Silurian Gift by Mike Tucker
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore
Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell
City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
It’s Okay I’m Wearing Really Big Knickers by Louise Rennison
Cinder by Marissa Meyer
City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare
The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien
City of Glass by Cassandra Clare
The Maze Runner by James Dashner
City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare
City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare
Percy Jackson’s Greek Gods by Rick Riordan
Looking for Alaska by John Green
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephenie Perkins
5. Author you read every work of and loved?
Soman Chainani. I haven’t read The Silkworm by J.K. Rowling yet, I still need to read the Kane Chronicles by Rick Riordan and Attachments and Landline by Rainbow Rowell. One day though, one day.
6. Do you read graphic novels?
I read manga. Though I mostly reread favourites, haha. I need to find some new ones.
7. Do do use a bookmark or just a random piece of paper or do you *GASP* dogear?
Bookmark. Right now I have this cute bear that wears glasses (3D) and his very long tail is used as the bookmark.
8. What are your top 10 favorite books/series?
In no particular order (except Harry Potter is first and Percy Jackson is second):
Percy Jackson and the Olympians/Heroes of Olympus (this might be cheating, but I don’t care)
The Parasol Protectorate series
The Mortal Instruments
Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland
The Picture of Dorian Gray
The Fault in Our Stars
Eleanor and Park
The Book Thief
The School for Good and Evil
Okay, it turned into a top 11 but I couldn’t leave any of these out.
9. What sequel was a big letdown?
That’s a really good question. I can’t think of any.
10. How old were you when you got a library card?
Um, young. I honestly can’t remember, but I think sevenish.
11. What book could you not finish, if any?
There are actually several I couldn’t finish, but the first that comes to mind is The Time Traveler’s Wife. Such an interesting premise, but the book itself was a letdown for me.
Unfortunately I can’t nominate eleven people without breaking the rules. I haven’t been on WordPress for that long, so I don’t follow that many blogs yet and the ones besides these (and Crafty Palooza who nominated me) the others have way more than 200 followers.
Alright, so here are my questions:
1. If you could live in any book, which one would you live in and why?
2. If you could bring back one character back from the death, which one?
3. Have you ever met a favourite author? (if so, I am very jealous of you) What was it like?
4. A song that fits your OTP so well it’s eery?
5. You see one of your favourite authors walking down the street, what do you do?
6. Have you ever written fan fiction or drawn fan art to express your love for a book?
7. What is your favourite genre and why?
8. Is there a character that everyone hates but you love, or vice versa?
9. Scariest villain?
10. What would your Patronus be?
11. A book you loved, but will probably never read again?
If I haven’t nominated you (because you have too many followers, because I don’t know your blog etc.), but you want to do these questions, feel free! Just let me know, because I’d love to read your answers!
– The Writing Hufflepuff