Advice for Newbie Bloggers
So you want to blog? But you have doubts, or insecurities, or you just don’t know how? Let me help! (or at least let me try)
- Just do it. If you want to blog, just do it.
- Write about what you want to write. Make sure you like to blog, don’t let it become a chore!
- Choose a nice theme and make sure visitors can find everything they need to find.
- If you want a lot of people to find your blog, make sure you tag your posts!
- Become a part of the community. It’s so much more fun!
Advice specific for book blogs:
- If you know you won’t be able to write a review right after you’ve finished the book, then make notes or take pictures of paragraphs you want to discuss.
- Read what you want to read. Don’t feel forced to read a hyped book, so you can review it like everyone else. You’re most likely blogging about books because you love them, don’t let blogging turn your love into hate!
- If you don’t want to write reviews, or not just reviews, that’s fine! It’s your blog. If you want to write about something else than books, that’s fine too! Your blog doesn’t have to be 100% books.
That’s all I can think about for now, but I think these are the most important. Just remember, it’s your blog!
– The Writing Hufflepuff