Thank you everyone who nominated me for the following awards! I’ll thank you guys individually when doing each award. So here goes!
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
2. Put the award logo on your blog.
3. Answer the ten questions they’ve set you.
4. Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Nominate ten people.
I’m sorry I’m just not going to do that, haha. I just don’t have the inspiration to think up any questions.
Spectacle Aglow’s questions:
1. If you had the ability to time travel, what period of time would you like to live in?
Oh I always love this question! When I was younger I would’ve answered The Middle Ages, but now that I’m older and I know what life was like back then… No thank you. I’d love to go Italy in the Renassaince or Amsterdam in the Golden Age.
Never mind the ‘or’. I want to go to both.
2. What is a genre that you have been neglecting lately?
Hmm… Honestly don’t know.
3. Do you have a particular phrase you live by? If not, what’s your favorite quote?
‘Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light’. I have many favourite quotes, especially from J.K. Rowling, but this one is by far my ultimate favourite.
4. What is your favorite band or musical artist or orchestra?
Thriving Ivory and Imagine Dragons are the first ones that come to mind.
5. Do you prefer Spring, Summer, Winter or Autumn?
Spring and Autumn are my favourite seasons. If I had to choose between those two, I’d choose Autumn as my allergies start acting up in Spring.
6. Do you prefer the beginning, middle or end of the week typically?
End. Mainly because I’m just so done with this school. I want to graduate and study journalism.
7. What is your favorite word to use?
I’m sure there’s a word I often use, but I don’t know!
8. Do you have a pet peeve that literally is just everywhere in your life?
I have a lot of pet peeves, but whenever someone asks me about it, I can’t remember them! Oh wait. Tourists on bikes. Just make them take a test first, to see if they can actually ride on before you rent it to them. Seriously.
9. What is your spirit animal?
Maybe giant pandas. Lazy and like to eat. Yep. Okay, I’m not that lazy, haha. Oh and clumsy, I mean, look:
10. If you were able to have a 25th hour, where you and a select number of other people were awake (but everyone else wasn’t), what would you use that hour to do?
Like Short Story Long, I’d probably sleep through it as well!
1. Favorite book of 2014 (so far)?
The Perks of Being a Wallflower. Hands down.
2. Favorite Book to Movie adaptation this year?
The Maze Runner.
3. Favorite standalone?
The Perks of Being a Wallflower.
4. Favorite series?
5. Top 3 auto-buy authors. (Authors that you will buy anything they publish)
J.K. Rowling, Rick Riordan and Cassandra Clare.
6. Where do you read at the most?
7. Do you use libraries or do you buy all the books you read?
Buy them. Maybe the libraries here have English books (though probably not a lot),but I don’t like our libraries. I just don’t like the atmosphere.
8. Ebooks or physical books?
9. Name 3 books that have made you cry while reading it.
The Book Thief, The Fault in Our Stars and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (and Goblet of Fire, Order of the Phoenix, Halfblood Prince and I even tear up reading Philosopher’s Stone and Prisoner of Azkaban).
10. Name a book character that relates to you in some ways.
Hermione Granger and Cath from Fangirl.
Thank you The Wand Tip for nominating me! Go check out this blog as well! Just check out all the blogs mentioned in this post.
- Post 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
Nominate 11 bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to do the same. Let the bloggers know you have nominated them.
Random facts about me.
1. There’s a high chance I’ve already used a fact in this list once before in a award post.
2. I’m currently rereading Harry Potter but for the first time in English so in someway it feels like I’m reading it for the first time (which is far from the truth. I’ve lost count of how many times I read the books in Dutch).
3. ‘When We’re Human’ from The Princess and the Frog is currently stuck in my head.
4. Speaking of which, The Princess and the Frog’s soundtrack is one of my favourite Disney soundtracks.
5. I used to be obsessed with Norse mythology. I knew pretty much everything by heart. It has faded a bit though.
6. I’m terrified of sharks.
7. And that’s all I can think of at the moment. Why is it so difficult to come up with random facts about yourself?
The Wand Tip’s Questions:
1. How would you describe your blog?
Hmm. As an active book and writing blog? I don’t know, haha.
2. What stuff are you fascinated about?
Oh so much! History, mythology, art, folklore, social studies (my favourite subject), literature of course… And I’m going to stop here, haha.
3. Is there a meaning behind your name and what is it?
I’m a writing Hufflepuff!
4. How do you feel once you’ve published a post?
5. Have you ever broken a bone?
I have! I was roughly four/five years old and I broke my wrist. It was awful.
6. Are there things in life that you officially hate and what are they?
Injustice, racism, sexism, homophobia, cruelty towards other human beings and animals, war and I can go on like this for a while.
7. What is your hobby? Writing? Reading? Biking?
Writing, reading, blogging and gaming.
8. What is your favorite season and what fun things do you get to do in that season?
Like I said before, Spring and Autumn!
In Spring the weather gets a bit warmer, there are a lot of holidays, which means a lot of free days from school, my birthday is in Spring as well and even though I have hay fever, I love the smell of grass and flowers.
I love Autumn because it’s slightly cooler, but not too cold yet. Then there’s the colours, which is definitely my favourite thing about this season. It’s just so beautiful! I love walking down the streets, the sound of crunching leaves underneath your boots…
9. Do you prefer orange juice or water?
Water. I don’t like orange juice.
10. Who has inspired you to start a blog?
My mom kind of did. I was ranting about something and she asked why I didn’t blog, haha.
11. How do you feel about winning the Liebster Award?
I’m happy that you thought of me!
Lastly, Kath from The Last Reader nominated me for The Addictive Blog Award, thank you!
Why I Started Blogging
I used to blog a few years ago, but not about books or writing. I think that’s why I didn’t continue, as I wasn’t as passionate about those things! I can talk and write for centuries about books and writing. I’ll talk about these things in death (hopefully heaven is a library).
I’ve said it before, but I don’t really have people in my life who are as passionate about reading, let alone writing (I don’t know anyone who likes to write), so being able to talk about these things with everyone here has been legen-wait for it-dary.
Blogs I’m addicted to:
Twist in the Taile
Short Story Long
By Hook or by Book
A Blast of Random
Inspired by Literature
The Ramblings of a Literature Nerd
Nut Free Nerd
Small Town Bookworm
Miserable and Magical
But know that I love all the blogs I follow!
– The Writing Hufflepuff