I can’t believe it’s the last day of 2014! Also has to do with the fact that I’m typing this on the 28th haha. To celebrate the end of this year and the beginning of the next, I decided to look back and look forward. Here we go!
In 2014 I:
- Started this blog!
- Met a lot of new awesome people through this blog
- Read a lot of awesome books
- Started my senior year
- Went to Macedonia with my mom
- Went to Barcelona with school (our last trip together!)
- Had a lot of fun with my friends
- Made a diadem out of books, which I’m still really proud of
- Got my first signed book (by none other than Uncle Rick!!)
- Started rereading Harry Potter in English and it’s kind of like reading them for the first time again, which makes it so much more magical
- Participated in BookBlogWriMo and hope to do so again next year!
- Signed up to study journalism (which makes me insanely nervous as I have to pass a test to get let in)
- Did not read all the books on my end of the year to read list, but I read six, so I’m still proud
- Disovered a lot of new awesome tv shows
This was also the year:
- That my childhood came to an end once again, this time twice: Heroes of Olympus and Legend of Korra
- That I could revisit my favourite Pokémon region in 3D
- That my grandfather was on tv. Three times!
- That Gail Carriger followed AND tweeted me! (I still fangirl over this)
- That The Maze Runner was turned into an awesome movie!
And I’m pretty sure that I’ve forgotten about half of the stuff that happened this year!
In 2015 I will:
- Go to America (WIZARDING WORLD OF HARRY POTTER AND DISNEY WORLD CAN YOU TELL I’M EXCITED)
- Go to Dutch Comic Con (the very first comic con in the Netherlands you guys I’ve been complaining about the fact that things like this never happen in my country and now it’s happening and again can you tell I’m excited? Right now none of the guests that have been announced are people I’m fan of, but the fact that this is happening and all the booths selling awesome stuff and the atmosphere and the cosplay and and… I’ll shut up now)
- GRADUATE. Hopefully. I assume. I’ve passed with good grades for five years now, if I don’t pass my exams it will be really weird.
- Study journalism, again hopefully. I’m trying not to get too excited about this, because I’m seriously scared I won’t get in.
- Be an adult. Legally, not mentally. It’s funny, because I’m mature in a lot of ways, but I’m also really childish. I’m like a mature child. Yes, I will go with that.
- See Billy Elliot the musical with my mom and grandfather
- See ‘De Zere Neus van Bergerac’ (The Sore Nose of Bergerac) with my mom. I hardly know what this is about, but we love the actors in this and it looked really funny (not to mention the tickets were cheap).
2015 will also be the year of:
- Many awesome films (The Scorch Trials, Into The Woods, Big Hero Six, Cinderella and so many more. I know that Big Hero Six and Into The Woods are already out in America and probably a lot more countries, but not here *sigh*).
- Magnus Chase and The Gods of Asgard
- The Dark Artifices
- The Last Ever After (the last book in the School for Good and Evil series)
- And of course many more books I can’t wait to read
- The Fosters season 2B
- Teen Wolf season 5
- Doctor Who season 9 (I haven’t even seen season 8’s finale and the Christmas special yet oops)
- CARRY ON SIMON
- And a lot more things I’m not even aware of (yet)
- I will play with my lay out this coming summer
- I will probably less active this first two months (but maybe not, let’s hope not)
- I will most likely take a hiatus in May because of exams
What are you looking forward to next year?
I wish you all a happy new year and hope 2015 will be legen-wait-for-it-dary!
– The Writing Hufflepuff