1) What is their full name and is there a story behind why they got it?
Rose Clarke, though it used to be Ashley and I’m pretty sure the last name was different too… There isn’t really a story. I like the name Rose and the nicknames/abbrevations you can come up with and I just like the sound of Rose Clarke.
2) How old are they, and when were they born?
Rose is born on the 27th of November in 1996. In the first book she is 14 years old.
3) Describe their physical appearance. (Bonus questions: 1. What is their race/nationality/ethnicity? 2. Do you have a picture of them? If so, include it!)
She has dark brown hair, shoulder length. Straight bangs. Usually in a ponytail. She has blue/greenish eyes and is 1.71 cm at the beginning of the series. I’m sorry I have no idea how much feet that is. It is a regular length for girls here in the Netherlands. She is Dutch, though with English blood. She also weights 60 kg. She has to stay in shape!
She dresses up in clothes she can easily move in, as you never know when a demon might attack. Thus she hardly ever dresses up and never paints her nails (ain’t nobody got time for that).
I don’t really have a picture of her, but I do have these:
4) Describe your character’s personality first in one word, and then elaborate with a few sentences.
One word! Damn. (That’s not my one word description)
Afraid. I’m having a deja vu by the way.
Rose is one of the Chosen Ones, meaning she has to fight demons and make sure the devil doesn’t return to Earth. She has good reasons to be afraid. She is also insecure and emotional, though she hides all of this quite well.
5) What theme song(s) fit their personality and story arc?
Oh I have several songs! Paradise by Coldplay and Human by Christina Perri are probably my favourites for her.
6) Which one of the seven deadly sins describes your character?
I’m not ashamed (okay, a tiny bit) to say that I had to google what all of the seven are again.
I think envy or wrath. It also really depends on what book in the series! In the first book I wouldn’t say wrath.
7) If they were an element (fire, water, earth, air), which one would they be?
8) What is their favourite word?
She doesn’t have one.
9) Who’s one person they really miss? (It could be someone who’s passed away, or someone they’re not close to anymore, or someone who’s moved away.)
10) What sights, sounds, and smells remind them of that person?
Pictures, her godfather, her grandparents, seeing her friends with their parents, the flash and sound of lightning.
– The Writing Hufflepuff