A while ago I was tagged to do the Chocolate Book Tag by Victoria (thanks! Check out her blog!), but since I was busy with exams I sadly didn’t have the time to do it yet! I love chocolate though, so I’m excited.
1. Dark chocolate – a book that covers a dark subject
I have several books for this question, but I’m going for The Perks of Being a Wallflower as it’s my favourite stand alone. One of the subjects it deals with is depression, but there are other dark subjects as well (I won’t tell you which as it will spoil the book).
2. White chocolate – your favourite light hearted read
I’m going to go with both Anna and Lola, as I can’t choose. They’re both cute and funny and I love both ships a lot. I’m still planning on rereading them this year, but right now all the unread books on my shelves are a priority.
3. Milk chocolate – a book with a lot of hype that you’re dying to read
A Court of Thorns and Roses. I pre-ordered it, but because of exams I didn’t have the time to read it yet.
4. Chocolate with a caramel centre – a book that makes you feel all gooey in the middle
Anything written by Stephenie Perkins and Rainbow Rowell.
5. Wafer free Kit-Kat – a book that has surprised you
The Invisible Library by Genevieve Cogman. I expected to like it, but not as much as I do now that I’ve read it. Read my review here.
6. Snickers – a book you’re going nuts about
A better question would be: a book you’re not going nuts about. I’ll always go nuts for Harry Potter (that always was not intended), but I’ll go for The School for Good and Evil as the final book is coming out this July and I’m so excited! I’ll write a post soon about why you should read this series.
7. Hot chocolate with cream and marshmallows: a book that you would turn to for a comfort read
Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone. Maybe the Dutch edition to add more comfort, as it reminds me more of my childhood than my English editions and it has this nostalgic smell…
Nomination time! I tag:
Don’t feel obligated to do this!
So… Do you like chocolate? What’s your favourite? Let me know! I love talking chocolate (though it makes me want chocolate and I’m sort of on a diet…)
– The Writing Hufflepuff