Thank you Kayleigh for tagging me! It looks like this will be a rather difficult would you rather, but CHALLENGE ACCEPTED (kudos if you read that in Barney’s voice).
1) Would you rather… Drop your favourite book into the toilet OR watch it fall into a wood chipper?
Neither? Of course the point of would you rather is choosing one of the two haha. This is so cruel to books! I’ll go with the toilet. Of course it will be wet, but I can dry it with a hairdryer and save it sort of. With the emphasis on sort of.
2) Would you rather… Read only 1 book a year but remember everything OR read 100 books a year but remember nothing?
Read only 1 book a year. Of course I’d love to read 100 books a year, but what is the point if I don’t remember anything? It’s like not having read at all.
3) Would you rather… Read only the first page of a book OR read only the last page of a book?
I think the first page. If I only read the last page I probably wouldn’t understand. Plus, what if it ends on a cliffhanger?
4) Would you rather get locked in a library OR get locked in a bookstore?
I’d love to get locked into the central library here in Amsterdam. They have plenty of books to read, comfortable seats and two restaurants with amazing food (of course I’d leave money).
5) Would you rather… Drop your book in a lake OR accidentally set it on fire?
Accidentally set it on fire. I’ll just quickly put it out so it’s barely damaged!
6) Would you rather… Read a book with a cliffhanger ending OR read a book with a heartbreaking ending?
Depends. Is the cliffhanger heartbreaking? *cough* Mark of Athena *cough*. I’ll go with heartbreaking though, as the wait after a cliffhanger is terrible!
7) Would you rather… Have the book’s ending spoiled OR never know what happens?
I hate having the ending spoiled, but I hate not knowing what happens more I guess. So I’d rather have it spoiled!
8) Would you rather… read only one genre forever OR never repeat the same genre after reading it once?
Read only one genre forever. There are only so many genres so at some point you’ll be out of books to read! Not to mention never being able to finish a series or rereading a favourite!
9) Would you rather… Read a book where the main character is killed off OR read a book where the love interest is killed off?
I… I don’t know. It really depends on whether I like the character or not. Whether they’re main or not doesn’t matter to me, so I really don’t have an answer for this one.
10) Would you rather… Read a book that’s missing the middle chapter OR read a book that’s missing the first and last chapters?
Middle chapters. What good are the middle chapters without knowing what happened in the beginning? And not knowing how it ends?! Nope, can’t do that.
11) Would you rather… love a book everyone hates OR hate a book everyone loves
Love a book everyone hates. Loving books is much more fun that hating them!
12) Would you rather… loan a book to a friend who’s known to ruin books OR drop a book in a pit of snakes?
Drop it in a pit of snakes. The question doesn’t state that they’re poisonous and who says they’ll ruin my book?
13) Would you rather…. Be stuck on a deserted island without a book OR be stuck in a library full of books in a language you can’t read
Second option. One: the chance of getting out of a library is much bigger than getting of a deserted island. Two: I like being surrounded by books. Not to mention I can smell them.
14) Would you rather… Bring only 1 book on a 12 hour flight OR bring an e-reader with only 10% left on a 4 hour flight?
1 book on a 12 hour flight. Nowhere does it say that it has to be a quick read! I can just bring a very, very thick book with me and I’m good for the rest of the flight.
15) Would you rather… Find out your best friend hates your favourite book OR share a favourite book with your worst enemy?
Share a favourite book with my worst enemy. Maybe we’ll become friends through our love for the same book?
These questions were cruel and hard! If you’re up for a challenge, I tag YOU to do it! :)
– The Writing Hufflepuff