GUYS I HAVE ONE WEEK LEFT BEFORE I’M STARTING JOURNALISM AND I’M EXCITED AND SCARED
Anyway, what happened this week?
- This was a slow reading week for me. I finally finished The Young Elites and it was okay. It took so long for things to get interesting!
- I started The Warlock (fifth book in The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel series) and am enjoying it so far. I had to look up summaries of the first four books since it’s been so long since I read those, but now at least I remember what has happened so far!
I translated quite a bit of my WIP this week, though not as much as I would’ve liked.
TEEN WOLF OH MY GOD NO DON’T DO THIS TO ME
The Fosters mid-season finale though. Spoilers in white: DID WE SIRIUSLY GET A HAPPY FINALE OH MY GOD. I mean, okay Jonnor might break up (so not okay with that), but nothing majorly bad happened!! Also not sure how I feel about the new Jesus (I was so confused: ‘Who’s that. What Jesus? That’s not- Okay so we have a new Jesus’ I had no idea Jesus was coming back! I guess I missed that). I guess I’m still used to Jake T. Austin, but we’ll see what he’s like in 3B!
On Thursday I went to see Paper Towns with a friend. Getting there was terrible, as I hadn’t realised how busy it would be thanks to Sail! (If you don’t know what that is, it has something to do with boats. Somehow I managed to miss this events in my 18 years of living in Amsterdam). I barely got on time (which was really funny as it’s usually my friend who’s late haha!) and thankfully we were still allowed to buy tickets and go in. I won’t go into details, or this post will get really long, but I absolutely loved it. They made some minor changes, but they didn’t affect the plot too much and most of them I actually liked (like Angela getting screen-time). The cast all did a fantastic job portraying their characters and they had great chemistry with each other. One of my favourite adaptations, that’s for sure!
I slept over at my friends and we caught up on Pretty Little Liars (no spoilers please, we still have five episodes until the 6A finale). Of course we also talked a lot.
The next day we continued our Pretty Little Liars marathon (actually we went to bed at 3 AM so we continued it the same day haha. I had a really weird dream by the way, about Pretty Little Liars…) and baked muffins with chocolate chips!
Oh I also rewatched The Jungle Book (first time in English since I grew up with most Disney films in Dutch) and was very disturbed to find out Kaa and Winnie the Pooh had the same voice actor (I’M NOT OKAY THAT MY FAVOURITE BEAR HAS THE SAME VOICE AS THAT CREEPY SNAKE OKAY)
- I explained to our non-writer friends why we writers simply can’t disconnect from the Internet
- I shared part 1 of my day in Magic Kingdom
- I got 500 followers!! Again, thank you guys so much. Kira from Delirious Dreams suggested creating a tag and tagging all of my followers, which sounds like a fun idea, so I’m going to try and create one!
- I posted my Will Grayson, Will Grayson review which isn’t that good since I waited quite long to write it… Oops
- I did the #WritersLife Tag which was a lot of fun!
- Last but not least I did the Mid Year Book Freak-Out Tag, even though we’re past the mid year already.
I spy with my little eye… Some interesting blog posts!
- Aentee from Read at Midnight wonders how much realism we should expect from fantasy fiction
- Jenny from Jenny in Neverland talks about coping with blogger envy
- Alyssa from The Ramblings of a Literature Nerd wonders if instalove really is love
- Kira from Delirious Dreams shows her cozy and homey bookshelves
- Kayleigh from Miserable and Magical talks about her time at the Edinburgh Book Festival 2015, mostly about David Levithan
- Janet from The Storyteller explains why Donna Noble is the best companion in her opinion
- Evi from Adventuring Through the Pages did the #WritersLife Tag
- Holly from Nut Free Nerd shows another page of her Wreck This Journal
That was another week! There’s only one week of August left- EEP. Which means I really need to post my first Amsterdam post since I promised the series would start this month. I STILL DON’T HAVE A NAME THOUGH. If you have any suggestions, let me know!
Anyway, how was your week? Let me know in the comments!