- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link to their blog in your post.
- Answer the questions that the blogger who nominated you has provided.
Nominate ten other bloggers (or up to 10). Create ten questions for your nominees and notify them of their nominations.
1. Why did you start blogging?
I had blogged before, but not about books and writing, also not on WordPress but on Blogger. I did like writing (of course I did!), but there was something missing. I wasn’t really writing about my passions (I didn’t even think of book blogging) and I didn’t really meet the nice community that I have met now, so it just wasn’t fun! Last year my mom asked me why I didn’t have a blog and I started thinking: ‘why don’t I blog anymore?’ so I took the leap, started this blog and decided to just write about whatever I wanted.
2. What is the last book you have read?
I don’t know when I’ll schedule this, so I don’t know! Right now I just finished rereading Fangirl, but since I probably won’t look at these answers before I schedule/publish this, just assume it’s something else haha.
3. What fictional character do you wish was real?
A better question would be: what fictional character do you NOT wish was real. I mean how can I just choose one? So I’m going to tell you who I do not want to be real: Voldemort. Like hell no.
4. Who is your current book-boyfriend?
Um, you mean my newest one? Because I do not dump the old ones. We got a polygamous thing going here haha. The newest addition would be Jason from Magonia. He’s such a sweetheart.
5. What is your favorite thing about the place you live?
I guess that it’s pretty tolerant. At least more tolerant than other places!
6. What is your favourite genre to read?
Fantasy! Always has been, always will be.
7. Who is your best friend and why?
I have to friends I’d consider my best friends, because we never stopped being friends even if we had fights. I can always count on them and because they always make me laugh.
8. Roughly, how many books do you own?
Uuuh that’s a tough one. See, I have quite a lot of books in the closet behind my bed. And are we talking fiction and non-fiction? And how about manga? And drawing books?
But you asked roughly, so I’m going to go with 200+ haha. It might be 300 (I really don’t know how many books are in that closet), but definitely not much more than that! Sadly.
9. What Hogwarts house are you in?
10. What’s the farthest you have been away from home, and how long?
We went to Bali when I was eleven, so that was the farthest from home. I think we went for two weeks. Unless you meant without my family, then it was Rome two years ago for a week with school.
1) How did you come up with your blog name?
Well I’m almost literally a writing Hufflepuff! (I say almost ’cause sadly I’m a Muggle who has never been to Hogwarts thus I’m not literally a Hufflepuff but pssh details).
2) What color(s) best describes yourself?
Uh I have no idea! Let me take a quiz.
You got: Vermilion
You are a warm and welcoming person, using your boundless energy to bring joy to everyone around you. You love to help others and become an integral part of their lives. It’s pretty cool of you, honestly.
I hadn’t even thought of vermillion. You learn something every day!
3) Who are your top 5 best heroines?
I always wonder with heroines: do they have to be the protagonist or not? If not: Hermione Granger, Annabeth Chase, Celaena Sardothien, Cinder and Isabelle Lightwood. This is not a top 5 by the way, just five of my favourite heroines! I decided to stick to one heroine per book.
4) What is your favorite thing about blogging?
Making all these new friends and talking with them regularly!
5) Which fictional character can you mostly relate to?
Hermione Granger and Cath Avery from Fangirl.
6) Do you trust anyone with your books?
Well I know my mom would never ruin one of my books. I don’t have any bookworm friends in real life, so I’ve never thought about it.
7) What is your favorite word in English? Least favorite?
There are quite a few words I like in English. The first one that came to mind was ‘marvellous’. It just sounds, well, marvellous haha. I wouldn’t know what my least favourite is!
8) What is your biggest success up until now?
Graduating from secondary school and getting into journalism.
9) If you had a chance for a “do-over” in life, what would you do differently?
I’d stand up for myself back in primary school and the first few years of secondary school. Up until my fourth year of secondary school I didn’t do this, and a lot of times I think of sending my current self back in the past to give all those bullies and people who looked down on me a piece of my mind.
10) If you were to write your own book, who would be the person that gets to read it first?
Well I am writing my own book and the first person would be my mother! I trust her a lot to give me honest feedback, so even if she’s my mother I know she won’t pretend like it’s the best thing ever written when it’s not.
Travelling in My Bookcase’s questions:
1. Your favourite PC Game of all time?
I don’t play PC games! I used to though; there was this Barbie game where she was a spy which I absolutely loved.
2. If you had to go without reading or blogging which would it be?
As much as I love blogging, I couldn’t give up on reading.
3. What is your favourite book romance of all time?
So basically you want me to choose one OTP.
Percabeth. Percabeth for life. Also Romione and Malec though.
4. If you could relive your childhood in a book series which would it be?
Harry Potter duh.
5. What ideas do you most get from blogs?
Usually I see fun tags on other blogs that I want to do!
6. What type of blog post is your favourite to read?
Ooh that’s a toughy (that’s totally a word). I love reading discussion posts, but also wrap-ups and tags, personal posts, posts where writers talk about their writing… I can’t choose one type of post!
7. What genre of book do you read most often?
8. What story could you read again and again?
Definitely Harry Potter, but Percy Jackson, Heroes of Olympus and a few others as well!
9. If you could be any character from a tv or anime series who would you be?
I actually never really want to be a character, I’d rather live in their world and be friends with them!
10. Where would you most like to live?
If we’re talking real live places I’d want to stay in Amsterdam. If we’re talking fictional I’d say Hogsmeade!
I won’t be nominating anyone, as I don’t know who has and hasn’t done this yet and if those who have already done this want to do it again. Also I’m too lazy to come up with any good questions haha.