Hey guys! I’m not entirely better yet, but I felt like blogging so yay! Today I went to ‘Boekenfestijn’*, which is like an inside book market that lasts for four days (Thursday to Sunday) where you can find cheap books and this time it’s in Utrecht, so if it’s in your neighbourhood: go go go!
* we bookworms don’t let our sickness get in the way of cheap books, am I right?!
Since I only read in English it was a bit difficult to find YA books that I wanted to read, but I still got a pretty good haul as you can see in the above picture (the books are mirrored by the way! I got a pretty cool program/app called Pixlr that looks like it will be fun to use).
My haul consists of:
- Gods and Warriors by Michelle Paver – I’ve never heard of this book but it sounds interesting and it’s really pretty
- Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare – Hardback Collector’s First Edition (includes Will’s letter to his family!). I currently have TID and TMI (except for Heavenly Fire) in paperback and I want them all in hardback
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – because I want to collect a lot of the different editions, mainly the original Bloomsbury edition (right now I have the books in Dutch and the new Bloomsbury edition)
- Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle volumes 9, 10, 12, 13, 14 and 23 – I want to own all of my favourite manga some day, since I already had volume 8 I now own 7 out of 28 volumes. Slowly getting there haha
- Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle Character Guide – because character guides are always fun (plus it was like two euros)
- I Love You – a little book with giant panda drawings and love messages for my mom. Giant pandas are my favourite animals (along with pugs of course) so that makes it more personal
All in all I spend around 23 euros, while these books are usually definitely more expensive! I mean, I spend around 15 euros on manga, while that’s usually the price of one volume here! All in all, I am a happy bookworm.
If you live in The Netherlands, have you been to Boekenfestijn (this one or maybe on in the past)? Did you manage to get a good haul? And if you don’t live in The Netherlands, what are some books you recently acquired? Let me know in the comments!