Can you guys believe the first week of November is already over?! Before we know it it’s 2016 (why did I forget whether it’s 2015 or 2016 this year… Let’s say it’s the exhaustion and stress school has caused me the past few weeks). Not much happened this week, as I only had one day of school and I spent most of my time writing, but nonetheless I have things to tell you guys!
I finally got my hands on Magnus Chase and the Sword of Summer this week! I could’ve finished it by now, but I’m focussing on writing and blogging this month.
So far I’ve written 15.507 words and I haven’t written yet today! I didn’t write at all on Thursday, after the presentation of our magazine (which you can read a bit more about in the ‘personal’ paragraph) I was really exhausted and I just didn’t feel well, so I didn’t write. I more than made up for it the next day though. I even wrote enough so that I didn’t have to worry about NaNo yesterday, since I had a birthday. I’m almost done translating what I had written so far for my WIP (meanwhile I was changing, adding and removing stuff as well haha. There was a fighting scene that I wasn’t too happy with, which is now a lot better) which is exciting!
If you don’t follow me on Twitter, here are some tweets about my NaNo journey so far:
Amy from Every Book You Need To Read And More asked if I could post an excerpt, so here you go Amy!
How are you guys doing on NaNo?
On Thursday we had the presentation of our magazine. It went pretty well; I myself didn’t really have to talk though haha. We had to bring food for the judges and teachers that would come by our ‘stand’, but most of the cupcakes two people in our group made ended up in our own bellies haha. They were soooo good. Especially the OREO CUPCAKES
We celebrated two birthday yesterday: my little cousin’s and his father’s birthday. It was a fun day, but I was sooo exhausted. I felt so bad at some point during the evening because my cousin kept asking me ‘Mimi, do you want to play?’ (he calls me Mimi) and while I did play with him, at some point I was just too tired.
The new term starts tomorrow! I’m not looking forward to getting up early again and the new piles of homework, but I’m excited to find out what my new classes are like and this term should be less busy (I really hope they’re not just pulling our legs…)
- I finally answered your questions for the Q&A!
- I talked about celebrating Halloween at the Amsterdam Dungeon
- I talked about my first term of studying journalism
I actually wanted to blog more this week, but I was too busy with NaNo haha.
- Yvo has read 300 books since she started her blog! And the 300th book is Carry On. It can’t get any better than that (if you haven’t read Carry On yet, READ IT NOW YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT)
- Sydney shares some links about feminism in the media, which are all very important and I suggest you go check out
- Cait finished NaNo in 4 days (I will be in awe forever) and shares awesome snippets
- Evi talks about her predictions and expectations for Winter (WHICH IS OUT IN TWO DAYS SOMEONE LEND ME MONEY)
And that was my week! How did your week go? Read any good books? How are you doing on NaNo? Let me know in the comments!