This week was crazy: the new term started, NaNo wasn’t going well, I wasn’t going well, and then Friday happened (I don’t think I have to elaborate on that). But let’s talk about books first, because books make us (usually) happy.
- I finished Magnus Chase. I really enjoyed it, but I’ll talk more about it in my review (which I hope to write soon)
- I STARTED WINTER. I’m not that far yet (at all), but so far so good. I DON’T WANT IT TO END THOUGH
Last week I wrote 15.507 words, this week… 4195. It isn’t that bad, but compared to last week, and how motivated I was… Well, I’m disappointed. Most of those words were written on Tuesday, so I could’ve written so much more if I had written that same amount every day. Except Tuesday was the only day I felt really motivated.
I don’t really know what happened on Monday, but suddenly something switched inside of me and I didn’t feel okay. At all. Things went a bit better on Tuesday (thus the word count), but then while writing, the switch turned again, and it didn’t turn off or however I’m supposed to describe it, until Thursday. I just felt empty and depressed (don’t worry though, I’m really fine now). I didn’t even go to school on Thursday (not wanting to go to school for reasons like that hasn’t happened in a while now, especially not at this school as I’m actually having fun). Anyway, I wasn’t sure if I was going to tell you guys this, but then I thought: ‘why the hell not?’ There’s nothing to be ashamed about.
So that’s why I didn’t write as much as I liked, but I’ll try to find a snippet to share with you guys like last week.
I hope that if you’re participating in NaNo that you’re doing better than I am!
The new term started this week, and so far it really does seem to be less busy than last term. I hope it stays that way haha. ALSO. While I don’t have every Wednesday off anymore (it’s every other week now), we do have Thursdays off (not officially, Thursday’s class has been moved to Tuesday) which obviously I’m really happy with. We have to do quite a bit of reading every week for Friday, so now I can do that on Thursday!
Speaking of the new term, it also means new teachers. I haven’t met all of them yet, but I really like the teacher for ‘news portal’ (where we make our own news website) and ‘news item’ (where we learn how to write news items). She’s really funny (dry humour plus sarcasm) and relaxed
Like I said, I wasn’t doing so well mentally, but really: don’t worry! I’m fine now
To make me feel better my mom took me shopping this week, so naturally that meant a trip to the bookstore. WINTER HELL YESSSSS. I also got Shadow and Bone since I’ve wanted to read that for years, but for some reason never did. We also went to Popcult, which is well on it’s way to become a Dutch Hot Topic. I really want to write a Blogsterdam post about it this month! We ended the day at Subway, where I had a delicious chicken teriyaki sandwich *almost literally drools at the memory*
Yesterday was a lot of fun: one of my
friends from secondary school came
over. We talked a lot (we hadn’t seen each other in weeks, and some things just can’t be talkedabout through What’s App) and we are finally caught up on Pretty Little Liars. GUYS WHY WERE PEOPLE SO DISAPPOINTED ABOUT THE 6A FINALE?! I LOVED IT. The end was a bit abrupt, BUT OH MY GOD THAT PLOT TWIST.
FRANCESCA ZAPPIA, AUTHOR OF MADE YOU UP, FAVOURITED MY TWEET, RETWEETED MY TWEET, AND RESPONDED TO MY TWEET. THEN I RESPONDED TO HER (AFTER CALMING DOWN) AND SHE FAVOURITED THAT TWEET TOO. SHE ALSO LIKED MY PHOTO ON INSTAGRAM AND REPOSTED IT
LOOOOOOOOK *eternal flailing*
Today I will bake a pie/cake/thing. My mom thinks I might like this kind of pie/cake, so we’ll see. I like baking though, so whether I like the taste of it or not doesn’t matter. I used to bake apple pie a lot as a kid, but I never ate it haha.
- I did the Sisterhood/Brotherhood of the World Bloggers Award
- I participated in Snazzy Snippets and shared some snippets of my NaNo novel!
- I finally reviewed (or more like fangirled) Made You Up by Francesca Zappia
- I shared the playlists I’ve been listening to during NaNo
- Jenny had me relive my childhood with her top 5 favourite Playstation 1 games
- Sydney talks about periods and how you should live the life you want to live. ALSO SHE’S NOW PART OF THE FEMINISTAS
- Tina shares five beautiful editions of Alice in Wonderland that I must have
- Jess talks about what makes her read a book
- Josie talks about her novel and it’s awesome (WHEN IS IT FINISHED SO WE CAN ALL READ IT?!)
- Audrey wrote a PERFECT post in which she not only reviews The Lunar Chronicles, she also gives us a recap of what has happened so far and shares her predictions with us. Also can we take our time to applaud her for rereading the series in such a short amount of time and writing the post?
And that was this week. I’m glad mine ended with a fun night with my friend, but I know a lot of people are hurting right now, not just in Paris. Everyone who’s lost someone or has gone through one of the horrible events of Friday is in my thoughts. I hope that all of you reading this had a good week ❤