I’m very excited to announce the start of the collaborative story project I helped Joan set up! Every week one of us will write a chapter of the story, without the others knowing what will happen! And anything can happen. So what’s our story about?
The wizarding world has been quiet since the day Harry Potter defeated the evil wizard named Voldemort. Seventeen years later, the magical community continues to live in harmony and secrecy among the Muggles, and the students, fresh from their summer vacations, are returning to school with nothing but excitement for the coming year in their minds. Truly, nothing could shake this era of peace ever again…or so they believe.
- Name: Min Hye Summers
- Age: 15
- Blood Status: Unknown (she was adopted and doesn’t know anything about her birth parents. Her adoptive parents are wizards though)
- Occupation: Student / Prefect
- Hogwarts House: Hufflepuff
- Year Level: 5
- Extra classes taken: Ancient Runes, Care of Magial Creatures and Muggle Studies
- Extra curricular classes: Ancient Studies
- Wand: Beech, 12 3/4 inches, unicorn, bendy
- Pets: Tawny Owl
- Appearance: See picture. She usually wears contacts, but sometimes wears her glasses, which are round. She is short and often viewed as cute (not just because of her size), though she isn’t always.
- Hobbies: Baking, potions, reading
- Likes: Cute things, sweet food, having fun with her friends, Quidditch (she isn’t on the team as she isn’t very athletic, but she does enjoy playing it and she definitely enjoys watching it), oversized comfy clothes, animals, Disney (she was introduced to it by her Muggleborn friends), contemporary YA (she does enjoy fantasy novels, but those without it are much more interesting to her as she lives in a magical world), the smell of grass, tea
- Dislikes: Bullying (you wouldn’t describe her as cute when you see her stand up to bullies), injustice, rude people, stress, being awoken by someone/something
- Strengths (skills, personality, talents): Kind, loyal, clever, justified, cheerful (most of the time), hard worker, she’s good at baking and potions, most animals/magical creatures tend to like her, studying comes easy to her (she is good at memorising things) but that doesn’t mean she always does well at school
- Weaknesses (skills, personality, talents): Impatient, sarcastic (though she’d argue that’s a strength), has a bit of a temper (it’s hard for her to stay calm when she sees bullying or injustice), stubborn, if she doesn’t like you you’ll know, perfectionist when it comes to schoolwork, often works too hard, gets distracted easily
- Strongest / Favourite subjects: Potions, Care of Magical Creatures, Muggle Studies, Ancient Runes
- Weakest / Least Favourite Subjects: Astronomy, History of Magic (she is actually good at it because she studies it on her own and likes reading up on it, but she can’t concentrate when Binns teaches it), Ancient Runes (she has a love/hate relationship with it)
- Quidditch Player (Yes / No): No, she is the commentator though after her friends decided that they wanted the entire school to hear her comments. She comments things like: ‘Someone got the Quaffle; it went too fast so I have no idea who that is. It’s a Gryffindor though. Oh look, it’s number 6! That’s *reads of paper* Ffhdfsj (completely mispronounces the name) Oh I just heard that she’s called Ickleberg. Thank you, Professor.’ ‘AND HUFFLEPUFF SCORED! TAKE THAT GRYFFINDOR- and learn from it so you can score next. I want you to score. I want both Houses to score. After all, I’m a neutral commentator and don’t care which House wins *cough, cough*’ ‘COME ON JAMESON IT’S NOT LIKE IT’S HARD. Says the girl who can’t even throw a regular ball, let alone a Quaffle. Sorry, please continue.
BRIEF HISTORY OF THE CHARACTER
She was given up for adoption when she was a few months old. She doesn’t know anything about her birth parents since it was a closed adoption. Though she is curious and wishes that she knew her birth parents, she loves her adoptive parents a lot. When she was younger she thought that her birth parents didn’t want her, but now that she’s older she understands that they may not have been able to take care of her. Plus her adoptive parents did want her and that’s what matters to her. She quickly got very close to the other kids in her year when she started out at Hogwarts and is still friends with all of them today. She is the first one to defend Hufflepuff house when someone makes fun of it. Actually, she’s the first one to defend anyone when they’re being made fun of, bullied or discriminated.
OTHER INFORMATION YOU WANT TO SHARE
I created a Pinterest board! Click here.
DON’T FORGET TO CHECK OUT THE OTHER BLOGGERS
Aislin Bennet by Joan @ Fiddler Blue
Watanabe Yokitori by Trisha @ Bookgasm
Persephone Rae Lestrange by Ash @ Teabears & Co.
Dalton Chase by Vineeth @ The Lousy Design
Indira Marshall by Eve @ Twist in the Taile
- Harry Potter, Hogwarts, and everything related to Harry Potter are owned by J.K. Rowling
- Hogwarts ID cards base design: AnimeJunkie106 @ DeviantArt
- Character design: IU (photos not mine obviously haha. I wish I had met her)
I’m super excited to start and can’t wait to see how this story is going to turn out! :) Eve will publish the first chapter, so keep an eye on her blog!