Can you believe it’s the last day of 2015? I sure can’t! I was rereading sort of wrap up from last year, and I can’t believe that was now a year ago. Last year I started blogging and barely knew what I was doing. Now blogging is such a big part of my life that I can’t live without. I’m going to look back on this year month by month; talking about what happened and my favourite blogposts from that month.
January wasn’t a very eventful month. I was mostly busy with school and stressing (I still get anxious when I think about the breakdowns during that month), so I didn’t blog that much.
- I introduced the main teens of my wip – It’s interesting, because I changed two of the characters ‘actors’ (I’m not the only one who finds it helpful to ‘cast’ actors right?). I wasn’t very happy with Ashelle and Mick’s in the first place, but they were the closest thing I could find. Lucy Hale’s size and personality fit Ashelle, but she doesn’t look like how I pictured Ashelle at all. And I don’t know why I thought Benjamin Stone looked like Mick. I guess it’s I saw a gif of him and Skyler Samuels and in that moment they looked like Mick and Sophie
- I also introduced the main adults
- I talked about what my fictional gang of friends would look like
Woah, I had to actually look at my February wrap-up, cause I couldn’t remember what happened this month. In my defence, it’s been almost a year. Anyway, this month I went to two musicals: Billy Elliot with my mom and grandfather and ‘De Zere neus van Bergerac’ (based on Cyrano de Bergerac) with my mom. Both were really fun and I’m looking forward to seeing another one this year!
- I talked about how my main characters would act on social media (mainly texting)
- I did my first ever Discussing Hufflepuff! I talked about organising your writing
March was the month of Dutch Comic Con! I had a ton of fun and can’t wait for this year’s addition. It was again a busy school month, which is probably why I did a lot of tags.
- I showed you guys my notebook collection (which has expanded in the mean time!)
- Of course I talked about Dutch Comic Con!
The month before my national exams! I’m surprised at how much I blogged (MICHELLE IF YOU HAD STUDIED INSTEAD OF BLOGGED, MAYBE YOU WOULD HAVE STRESSED LESS?).
At the end of the month my friend and I had to attend the opening on an exhibition that we had helped set up, where we met the king! Which was nerve-wracking but pretty cool of course!
- My review for Heir of Fire and The Assassin’s Blade is a mess, but I still like it
- Another Discussing Hufflepuff! This time I talked about your character’s fashion style. I hope to do more Discussing Hufflepuffs on writing again in the new year
- I talked about which Disney Princesses I think would be my besties
Ah, the month of national exams. A.k.a. the month in which I became a zombie. I don’t look back on this month with many good memories. I liked how united I felt with all of my classmates, but um. That’s probably the only thing I liked. Let’s just forget this month ever happened. I mean, I literally forgot words. WHAT ARE WORDS. Was basically me this month. That’s how exhausted I was. Oh! But we did have a barbecue after my final exam which was fun. I guess the month wasn’t that bad.
I barely posted at all (no surprise there!) and a lot of those posts were tags. I don’t really have a favourite post that month.
My birthday month! A.k.a. the month I wondered where Peter Pan was when you needed him. Why did he not take me to Neverland? I WASN’T READY TO BECOME A LEGAL ADULT AND I’M STILL NOT. This was also the month in which I went to America and thus The Wizarding World and Disney World! ❤
I also graduated, but I wasn’t there woops (when we booked our vacation, I completely forgot about my graduation ceremony… This is what exams do to you guys) I also changed my blog’s lay out this month, which I’ll do again hopefully soon. And The Feministas was born! I’m really proud of what we have achieved so far and hope we’ll continue writing amazing posts in 2016!
- I talked about my birthday
- I freaked out about passing my exams
- I fangirled about Dream High and share 9 reasons why YOU should watch it too
- It was my one year blogoversary!
For the most part I just enjoyed my Summer this month! I celebrated my birthday with my friends, went swimming, played with my nephew (he took me on an adventure in ‘the forest’ – a couple of trees – where we had to look out for bears and dinosaurs), read a lot, blogged a lot, wrote quite a bit… I also found out I had been accepted into journalism school, which of course was very exciting (and which meant that I could finally really relax).
- I wrote several posts about America: Day 1, Day 2: The Wizarding World part 1, Day 2: The Wizarding World part 2, Day 3: A Fish Headbutts me
- I shared my Music Monday: Girl Power playlist
- I did the 777 Challenge in which I shared 7 lines of my wip
- I freaked out over how sweet you guys were in my survey
- I shared my top 11 Disney songs which is a lie because I love all the songs
- I talked about the struggles of being a teen for The Teens Tell Their Story Project
I enjoyed my last month of freedom (this sounds so dramatic haha) and met up with some friends before school started again. Thankfully I met up with them again a few times by now. I was afraid we’d grow apart, but so far it doesn’t look like that’s going to happen! I’m not sure what else happened. My memory is really fuzzy haha.
- I reviewed/fangirled over Disney Descendants (Fun fact: this is my post popular post of the year!)
- I sorted my main teens into Hogwarts Houses which was a lot of fun
- I participated in Beautiful People and talked about the friendship between Rose, Damien and Ashelle, three of my main characters. Their friendship has developed a lot more now!
- I talked about why writers can’t disconnect from the internet
- I wrote two other posts about America: Day 4: Disney Magic Kingdom and Day 4: Disney Magic Kingdom II
- I did my very first Blogsterdam about my adventure at Westerpark
- I did the #Writerslife Tag
My first full month at my new school! It was a lot of fun, while also very busy. I’m glad to say that I felt at home pretty quickly and that I gladly went to school in the morning (except when I had to get up at six, but can you blame me?). I also saw Lifehouse live, which was amazing since I’ve been a fan of their music for so long now. It wasn’t a good month health-wise since I was sick for almost the entire month.
- Why I should have a pug – a.k.a. a letter to my mom (guys I’ve talked so many times about pugs, that people have apparently found my blog through searching for pugs)
- I talked about seeing Lifehouse live
- I made a list of all the Harry Potter Pop! Funkos I want (some of them will be reality soon!)
I completed my first term of school, went to theAmsterdam Dungeon to celebrate Halloween, got tickets for YalFestNL AND HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD, and I read some amazing books this month, namely Made You Up and Carry On.
- I found out about YalFestNL and fangirled
- The zombie apocalypse started and I gathered my squad (a.k.a. I did a tag)
- I wondered if a 4-star rating is equal to a favourite
- I told you guys why you should read Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicles
- According to the Your Future Book Tag I’m going to marry Jem, have five demigod kids, become the flying teacher and Quidditch referee at Hogwarts, and fly around in our spaceship with our pet giant panda
We presented our magazine this month! I still can’t believe that we managed to make a professional looking magazine in such a short time; I’m really proud of what we achieved. November was also the month of NaNoWriMo; I did really well the first week (because I had the week off from school) but when school started it was a lot harder to keep up. I wrote though; that’s all that matters! I also met up with a friend AND FRANCESCA ZAPPIA, THE AUTHOR OF MADE YOU UP, RETWEETED AND FAVOURITED MY TWEET, REPLIED TO IT, LIKED MY PHOTO ON INSTAGRAM AND EVEN REPOSTED IT (yeah I still haven’t recovered from that). I also participated in The Blogger Positivity Campaign, which was a great experience!
- I talked about my trip to the Amsterdam Dungeon
- I talked about my first term of journalism
- I participated in Snazzy Snippets – NaNoWriMo edition
- I reviewed/fangirled about Made You Up
- I put my feels about Winter in gifs (warning: major spoilers!)
- Another Blogsterdam! I talked about the store POPCULT
I’ll talk about December in my December wrap up, so stay tuned for that!
While the first half of this year was very busy and stressful (that doesn’t mean I didn’t stress in the second half of course), I think I had a pretty good year!
Of course a lot more happened, but I’m not sure when all that happened. The Blog Squad was created, I met a lot more lovely bloggers that I consider friends and can’t imagine not having in my life, I’ve had great conversations with them, had a lot of fun with my friends in real life and family too, read amazing books (see my top 10 here!), saw some incredible films and tv shows… Thank you everyone who has followed me this year and left such sweet comments. The blogging community really made my year <3 Siriusly, I love you guys! <3
I can’t wait to see what 2016 will bring! I’ll talk about what I’m excited for in 2016 probably tomorrow. How was yours 2015? What are you looking forward the most in 2016? Let me know in the comments! HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE!