Woops this is a bit late! I meant to do it earlier, but I’ve been busy studying and I was so exhausted once I’m done. Plus I haven’t been feeling well (which I think I mentioned in my last weekly wrap up? Luckily my memory is a lot better when it comes to studying) I thought I was still going to blog these next few weeks, but I’m starting to think that that may have been a bit too optimistic haha. Oh well! I really need to prioritise school right now.
- Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo ★★★★
- The Illustrated Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone ★★★★★
- Model Misfit (Geek Girl #2) by Holly Smale ★★★★
- The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness ★★★★★
- Ouran High School Host Club volumes 1-3 (reread) ★★★★★
Basically I have some reviews to catch up on… *gulp* Remember how I said I wasn’t going to read anything until I’m caught up? Yeah I broke already. But even though I’m behind on reviews, it was a good reading month!
It’s time to look back on my 2015 goals! I could’ve done this in a separate post but… Nah
- I finished translating The Army of Quermo into English, which was the only writing goal I accomplished, even though I had more of course. I already reflected on this in my post about my 2016 blogging and writing goals
- I finished reading/caught up on 4 series (The Lunar Chronicles,Throne of Glass, The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel and The Maze Runner)
- Dropped 2 (Confessions of Georgia Nicholson (though if I find the rest of the series for a very cheap price, I’ll still pick them up since they’re hilarious) and The Lorien Legacies)
- And got 6 left, though I’m not sure if I’ll pick up Cormoran Strike #3, since I started reading The Silkworm in… November? It’s not like I don’t like it, but it’s just a slow read (just like The Cuckoo’s Calling) and there are so many books I’d rather read.
- For the (Fairytale) Retelling Challenge I aimed for Big Bad Wolf which was 10-15 books and read 6, so that’s not that bad!
- I completed my Rereads Challenge!
- I completely failed my Classics On My Shelf challenge. I didn’t read any of the ones on my list.
Some popular posts that I also liked writing:
- My top 10 books of 2015
- I wrapped up 2015 month by month
- I talked about my Christmas, which means when I do a Christmas tag this year that asks for my favourite Christmas memory, I’ll actually remember something specific haha
- I talked about how I almost got blinded by whipped cream (okay, exaggerating here, but my eyesight DID get blurry)
- For this month’s Discussing Hufflepuff I talked about how it’s okay (read: TOTALLY AWESOME) for authors to write ANOTHER book set in the same universe
- I introduced my cute little yet feared Hufflepuff Min Hye Summers for the Chronicles at Hogwarts story
- I wrote my chapter for said story
Like I already mentioned, I’m studying my ass off, which means less posts and probably me not visiting your blogs as much. At first I thought I’d still be able to read your blogposts, but I’m afraid that might not be possible, since school is also starting this week. BUUUUT while it’s the month of exams it’s also really exciting because SHADOWHUNTERS. OH MY GOD IT’S ALMOST HERE NOW. A few other favourite shows have started/are also starting like Teen Wolf this week and The Fosters is starting again at the end of this month!
How was your month? Did you do anything exciting besides celebrating the holidays? ARE YOU EXCITED FOR SHADOWHUNTERS. Or anything else haha. SHARE YOUR EXCITEMENT WITH ME. For anything. Even if it’s ice cream (I understand your excitement)