It’s time for a combined wrap up! I’m a bit shocked that I’ll be starting my third term tomorrow, but also excited to start all the new subjects!
- Ouran High School Host Club volumes 4-18 (reread) ★★★★★
- Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi ★★★★
- The Ask and the Answer by Patrick Ness ★★★★★
- Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertali ★★★★
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (reread) ★★★★★
So I read 19 books this month, though most of those were manga volumes haha. My review for Shatter Me will be up tomorrow, Simon will be up the week after that and I’m contemplating to review the entire Chaos Walking trilogy in one review once I’ve read Monsters of Men (I need to get my hands on it. THAT CLIFFHANGER). And look, the lowest rating this month was four stars!
- One of my goals for this year is to write more in general. Friday I started a new novel (SOMEONE STOP MY BRAIN I WANTED TO FOCUS ON ONLY A FEW PROJECTS). Though I wish I had spent my time on The Chosen Ones, I had a lot of fun starting this new story.
- One of my blogging goals is to post a Discussing Hufflepuff and Blogsterdam everyday. I did both this month this month! Click on the links in the first sentence to read them.
- Another blogging goal is to schedule posts again. I have some posts scheduled not only for next week, but also the one after that! (it’s only one, but ssh)
- I read Shatter Me and Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda for my YalfestNL Challenge, which means I’m 1/3 there!
- I’ve read one book (Simon again) for the 2016 Contemporary Challenge
So far I’m doing pretty well on my goals!
As you all know this month was pretty busy since I had exams, which meant I got to spent less time in the blogosphere. I’m happy to tell you guys that my studying has paid off so far! I haven’t got all my grades back, but so far so good
I went to visit my old school, since one of my friends is now in her senior year and I hadn’t had the chance to visit and give her her birthday presents yet (her birthday was the week before my exams and she had exams herself). It was really funny, ’cause we ran into five other people who had graduated last year and decided to visit that same day. What are the odds?
As you’re reading this I’m celebrating my mom’s birthday
THIS WEEK’S TEEN WOLF OH MY GOD THAT EPISODE. I LOVED IT SO MUCH. LYDIA AND MALIA HAD PROPER SCREEN TIME AND BRAEDEN TOO (Malia isn’t my favourite character by far, but it was really bothering me how little screen time the main female characters were getting). I do wish Kira had gotten more screen time, but oh well, you can’t get everything. Also can we talk about #StalkerDad Scott
Sorting is back on Pottermore! I reclaimed my old House and wand, but made a new account to do the new test since I read that it’s different than the old one. I’m still a Puff through and through though!
- I don’t think I’ve mentioned it yet, but Angel and I are writing a book together! We’re still in the planning process and this week I spend sometime working on my character Amber
- Like I mentioned in the ‘goals’ section I started a new novel – oops
- I planned/outlined some things for the vague, mysterious project I mentioned in my 2016 Writing and Blogging Goals post
- I spend quite a lot of time on Pinterest, finding a lot of inspiration for characters and stories alike
This week I:
- Reviewed Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicles Character Guide 2
- Shared some 8tracks playlist that you MUST listen to, which will probably become a monthly thing
- Reviewed episode 2 and 3 of Shadowhunters
- Told you why you should watch The Heirs
- Asked you guys if you cast your characters
- And somewhere today I’ll also publish Min Hye’s epilogue for Chronicles at Hogwarts, bringing our collaborative story to an end!
Since I’m still catching up on blogposts, some of these weren’t published this week
- ELM REACHED 1000 FOLLOWERS AND I’M SO HAPPY FOR HER
- Kara received the ARCs of her novel Frayed arrived and the cover is gorgeous
- Eve has made the ultimate guide on how to start a revolution if you realise you’re living in a dystopian
- Becca contemplates self-hosting with the help of Dobby
- Evi wonders if we bookworms give filmmakers too much grief
- McKenzie shares things she loves about being a bookworm/blogger
- Jeanette shared part 2 of her bookstagram series in which she talks about the basics of bookstagram
- Mel talks about why Avatar The Last Airbender is amazing
- Yvo’s review of Neverwhere really made me want to read it
- KayCee wrote the final chapter of Chronicles at Hogwarts! Keep an eye out on everyone’s blogs for the individual epilogues
I have no exams in February and I have two days of from school each week (not counting the weekend of course). Though I will have to use those days to keep up with schoolwork, I do think I’ll have more time to blog this month! AND GUYS. STARS ABOVE WILL BE OUT THIS TUESDAY
And that’s a wrap! How was your week/month? What was your favourite book this month? Mine was definitely The Ask and The Answer (not counting my HP reread of course). Any exciting plans for this month? WHO ELSE IS EAGERLY AWAITING STARS ABOVE. I need to buy a birthday present for another friend this Tuesday, so I’ll probably stop by the bookstore on the way haha.