This was supposed to go up on Tuesday, but I haven’t been feeling well this week, both physically and mentally, though mostly the latter. I’m feeling slightly better though, and since blogging makes me happy I decided to give it a go.
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs ★★★★
- A Thousand Nights by E.K. Johnston ★
- The Perks of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky (reread) ★★★★★
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer (reread) ★★★★★
- Scarlet by Marissa Meyer (reread) ★★★★★
A Thousand Nights was such a disappointment that I basically went on a reread marathon (I started rereading Cress this week but I wasn’t in the mood to read). I probably won’t review Miss Peregrine’s, since it’s been a while and I don’t really remember it that well. If I do review it, it will be a mini review.
- Write more in general: I wrote a little bit this month, but overall I’ve just been focussing on school. I’m just glad that I wrote though
- One of my goals is to read the entire Miss Peregrine’s trilogy before Yalfest next month, so by reading the first one I’m one step closer
- I’ve read one book for the retelling challenge (A Thousand Nights)
I might take a short break from blogging; I do think that I’ll feel better next week, but I’ll be busy catching up on schoolwork. I will definitely not neglect my Shadowhunters reviews though. Hopefully I’ll have this week’s review up tomorrow.
Next Saturday I’m going to see a musical which I’m very excited about. It’s a modern take/parody of Puss in Boots and it looks hilarious. I went to another play of the same theater company last year and I loved it, so when we found out about this one my mom and I knew we had to go.
And at the end of the month it’s finally time for Dutch Comic Con! I’m really looking forward to it. I was originally going to cosplay as Hilda/Touko from Pokémon White, but since that will be too cold, I’ll be going as Rosa/Mei from White 2 instead.
How was your month? If you live in The Netherlands, will you go to Dutch Comic Con this month? Or if you don’t live here, are you going to a con any time soon? Let me know in the comments!