The first Weekly Hufflepuff in a while now! This was actually supposed to go up yesterday, but I was too busy preparing for my grandfather’s birthday party and when finally everyone had left I was too tired to blog. Better late than never though right?
I started and finished The Hidden Oracle and loved it to pieces. I’m really glad – I expected to, but I also expected to love The Sword of Summer more. I also started (and finished it this morning) a short non-fiction book about Renoir that my mom bought me a few years ago along with some others by the same author but about different artists. Reading it really made me miss my secondary school art class haha. And I finally started Monsters of Men! Which I’ll continue after I finished this post.
Like I mentioned in my update last week I had a sort of presentation last Thursday and I’m happy to tell you guys that it went well! I passed that subject and in the meantime got some other grades back that I’m really happy with. In my update I also talked about my research exam that I’m worried about, and of course that’s the one grade I don’t have yet. Today is the deadline and it really wouldn’t surprise me if I got my grade at 23:59. So as I’m writing this I’m also stressing out but ay what’s new.
I’m technically on holiday now (WOOO 11 WEEKS OF FREEDOM) but if failed my research exam, I have to retry next week. So fingers crossed that I passed because I’m 100% done and ready for the holidays. I have made a pretty long list of things I want/need to do this summer and it’s still expanding haha. I doubt I get to do everything, but I still love making lists like these.
It was my grandfather’s 80th birthday yesterday which we celebrated of course. It was a lot of fun and there was great food. I was so full yesterday omg it wasn’t healthy. Not to mention the stomach ache haha #totallyworthit. I also discovered that this photo app that I’ve been using for a few months now has some great filters:
We took a lot more haha. I can’t wait to
force my friends take some pictures with my friends 😇 It’s called Fotorus by the way!
An employee at my grandfather’s nursery home made him a birthday hat haha.
Also I just watched Liv and Maddie’s season finale before writing this post and got so emotional. I need season 4 now
- I posted an update about what has been going on ever since my hiatus
- It was a bit late but I wrapped up May
- I reviewed Rise of The Dragons more like Rise of One Dragon Who Barely Appears
- I talked about my birthday and birthday haul
I’M ALL CAUGHT UP. At least I was Saturday evening. Naturally I’m a bit behind again, but there were only 16 posts in my Bloglovin feed last time I checked. I don’t know how many there are in my WordPress feed, but some of those are in my Bloglovin feed. But there are definitely not as many as there were during my hiatus haha. Anyway, boy do I have a list for you!
- It was Raisa’s blog birthday!
- Holly wrote a list to Daisy Buchanan
- Em talks about ‘appropriate’ clothing for girls and how exams need change
- Brigitte shares some of the best dialogue of The Hidden Oracle
- Emma talks about different ways to organise your bookshelves
- Elm did a cover of Can’t Help Falling in Love and it’s amazing and beautiful and lovely and you need to listen to it right now
- Marie reached 500 followers and is doing a Q&A, so go ask her some questions and don’t forget to increase that number. She also wrote another lovely travel post, this time about Paris
- Now that school is over I’ll hopefully participate in Samantha’s Snippet Sunday, for which she wrote a great piece this Sunday
- Aentee shares 5 reasons why you should pre-order Nevernight and shares the schedule for Potterhead July
- Bianca talks about Jennifer Niven’s book signing she went to
- Janet talks about America’s gun laws and the EU Referendum. If you don’t know whether you should vote Leave or Remain yet go read her post
- Analee talks about fictional settings that she wishes were real (same Analee, same)
- Becca talks about how to get the originality fairy to bless your post and asks some unanswered bookish questions. Oh and she got to interview Stephanie Perkins
- Angel talks about sex in YA and muslims in YA, especially the second one is very important
- Jenny shares 20 honest thoughts she’s had as a blogger and shares tips for your book blog’s contact page
- Josie wrote an awesome story based on Taylor Swift’s You Belong With Me and discussed #fakereadergirls
- Eve talks about generation political correct, shares 7 things she loves about Studio Ghibli and talks about why she loves LGBTQ+ retellings (not all in one post, click the separate links haha)
- Zin made a list of things that make her happy
- Evi gives 298364+ reasons why you should watch Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries
- Cait wonders who the intended audience for YA books is (and if that even matters) and helps non-bookworms understand the language of us bookworms
OMG GUYS. As I was writing this I got a notification that I have 700 WordPress followers – THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH ❤❤❤❤❤. And get this. As I was tweeting about that, someone in our class’ group chat said our grades were in. I PASSED. 11 WEEKS OF FREEDOM HERE I COME
So how has your week been? Is school over yet? Any exciting plans for the holidays? Let me know in the comments!