I can’t believe my first full week of the holidays is already over! I really hope the rest of my holidays won’t fly by this fast, even though I had a good week haha.
I finished Monsters of Men and am not okay. Damn was this a rollercoaster of emotions. Every time it looked like things were going to be alright, I looked at the amount of pages I still had left and just
I started The Unexpected Everything yesterday and am enjoying it so far. Friendship, family, dogs and a cute love interest. Plus there’s a pug. But it looks like the pug won’t play a big role. I feel kind of betrayed because it’s on both the cover and back of the book so I expected it to play a bigger role.
This was such a relaxing week. No deadlines, no homework, no exam… I could read, blog and write as much as I wanted. I’ve been keeping up with all the blogs, which makes me feel so accomplished haha. I’ve been searching for a job as well. Oh and I’ve been putting books on Marktplaats (a Dutch website where you can sell old stuff), so basically I feel like I’ve been very productive this week.
Yesterday we celebrated the birthday of a friend of my mom’s, where I ate waaay too much. I hadn’t eaten that much yet when we got there, so yeah
And today we’ll be booking our flight and hotel for our trip to London! My aunt and cousin should be here in less than two hours, so that should be fun.
Oooh and oh my God do any of you watch The Fosters because it was INTENSE and I need the next episode now (which looks like a horror movie like what even?? I’M SO SCARED).
It feels so good to be able to add this section again! I’ve been working on the outline for my contemporary wip that I mentioned here and it’s been so much fun. I also shared a snippet of it for Snippet Sunday. Hopefully I’ll be able to write a lot this week as well.
I’m still debating whether or not I should participate in Camp Nano, and if so, what wip to work on. I really want to finally finish The Army of Quermo, but then again I’m also really in the mood to work more on the contemporary woops. Are you participating in Camp Nano?
- After a year I finally did the Book Courtship Tag
- I discussed the romanticising of abusive relationships
- I discussed the Cute Clumsy Girl trope
- I reviewed Crystal Magic and Introductions (more like ranted about the last one) in mini reviews
- I announced the #YoungWritersChat, the first one being on Saturday July 2nd, 9 PM (CEST)
- I participated in Snippet Sunday
- Elly wrote a great post on Brexit
- And so did Janet
- Anne wrote a beautiful, inspiring post to let you know you’re not alone
- Laura recommends four books for writers
- Cátia reached 700 followers and is holding a Q&A, so go congratulate her, increase that number and ask her a lovely question
- Always Opinionated Girl shared her favourite feminist reads
- Nisha reviewed Hi! School: Love On
- Josie looks back on the first half of this year
- Emily talks about ten books if they changed genres
- Marie talks about hidden gems from France
- Kat talks about Vienna
- Bianca dream casted some male YA leads
So how has your week been? What books have you been reading? Have you been writing? Are you participating in Camp Nano? Let me know in the comments!