*insert freak-out about how fast time flies and all that jazz*
This week has been a slow reading week. I was super tired Monday to Thursday so it’s actually a miracle that I managed to finish The Rest of Us Just Live Here (4 stars – I’m so behind on reviews guys) and I started The Dream Thieves.
I already made my grandfather a victim of the Fotorus app at his birthday party, but he really became a victim this time lol
He looks so done haha. Sorry grandpa love you (the mouse is my favourite)
My cousin celebrated her birthday last Sunday (thus why I was in a rush to finish my last weekly wrap up), even though her birthday was in May haha. She was on holiday then and decided to wait until the weather was a bit nicer so we could bbq.
I’m not really a bbq fan but we roasted marshmallows afterwards so all was good haha
Until my mom filmed me eating… They were really soft and they melted of the stick so it was hard guys. THE MARSHMALLOW WAS EVERYWHERE. AND IT FELT SO STICKY. AND MY FAMILY KEPT JOKING SO I KEPT LAUGHING WHICH MADE IT EVEN HARDER
Like I said, I was really tired this week, so I mostly just watched a lot of things: caught up The Fosters (MARIANA WAS SUCH A QUEEN AGAIN THIS EPISODE. It took me a while to remember her name – I’ve ‘casted’ Cierra Ramirez as one of my WIP characters so I wanted to call her Reyna woops) and on Ace Attorney, Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu Love season 2 has started (which reminds me I wanted to do a post on this glorious anime – should get to that soon!), my most anticipated Kdrama of the year has started as well: Uncontrollably Fond (BAE SUZY AND KIM WOO BIN. KIM WOO BIN SANG ONE OF SUZY’S DREAM HIGH SONGS I AM STILL SO EMOTIONAL OVER THIS), I watched some variety shows (my f(x) obsession is getting worse woops), my mom and I watched Adventures in Babysitting and I quite liked it and we also watched Lilo and Stitch.
And of course: Pokemon Go FINALLY came out. I haven’t been playing it much yet since yesterday the servers were completely broken down (it took me pretty much all day to get Pikachu as my starter) and today I wanted to focus on blogging and writing. I’m going out tomorrow anyway so I might catch some then haha
While I was tired most of the week, I made up for it on Friday and Saturday, writing a little over 1000 words each day, and I haven’t written today yet! I wanted to catch up blogposts first, but I still want to write around 1000 words again today (though I’d be happy with any word count really). I shared a snippet again in Snippet Sunday, but if you want more updates/snippets follow me on Twitter. I tweet things like this:
Also! There’s another poll for next week’s Young Writers Chat since I’m indecisive:
- I showed my handwriting in the handwriting tag
- I talked about my favourite bookstore in Amsterdam
- I announced last night’s Young Writers Chat’s theme
- I judged my own writing again
- I shared a snippet of my contemporary WIP/Camp NaNo project
I’m happy to announce that I’m almost entirely caught up! So I have a great list for you guys
- Elm wrote a great post about Nice and on a lighter note reacted to some searches that helped people find her blog
- Marie wondered what being a bookworm really means and shared a glimpse into her inner travelling-planner mind
- Jess wrote a great post about why ‘adults’ need YA as much as ‘young adults’
- Giulia wrote a post on the definition of feminism
- Janet compared the original Jungle Books and the Disney versions
- Eve talks about 7 languages she’d like to speak and wrote a thoughtful discussion on the Unforgivable Curses
- Always Opinionated Girl talks about how Ginny Weasley is more than a love interest
- Ali wrote a discussion about the definition of YA
- Em introduces the ‘Finding Our Feet Project’ which she created with Victoria and Eve
- Evi talks about why friendship is greater than romance in YA
Now let’s hope I’ll be able to keep up a bit more this week haha. Also I’m planning on trying to find new bloggers (is this going to lead to disaster since I’m at least half the time behind on blogposts) so if you have any suggestions, let me know!
So how has your week been? The weather is suddenly really nice in The Netherlands, so I hope it is too were you live and that you’re enjoying it! And are you catching any Pokemon? Let me know in the comments!