Hey guys so I thought I should talk to you about the tv shows I’m currently watching (and convince you to watch them as well, well except for one). I mostly talk about books on here of course, but I love these shows so much that I decided to dedicate a post to them. So in no particular order, let’s go!
I’m not sure when I started to watch The Fosters, either after season 1 had aired or in between 2a and 2b, but I’ve been watching it loyally for a long time now and though there were ups and downs (downs being 3B) I’m still in love with this show. I love how diverse it is and how it tackles important issues. They regularly deal with topics like homophobia, sexism, racism, transphobia and rape. And they do it so well. On top of that (most) of the characters are amazing and loving. The family dynamic is so much fun to watch and even though it deals with dark topics there are also lots of light and funny moments to make up for it. Is it perfect? No. Believe me they have made mistakes (sadly), but that doesn’t change the fact that I think it’s a really important show to watch. Also warning: keep tissues at hand. I know I’m super emotional, but still, I shed a few tears during almost every episodes (not always because it’s sad! A lot of times because it’s beautiful and I’m so attached to these characters – well again most of them)
Oh boy where do I start. Okay so I’ve done a post about the games in which I basically tried to convince you guys to play them, because besides Pokemon this is my favourite gaming franchise. I love it SO much. Naturally I was beyond excited when the anime was announced, because I’ve been waiting for YEARS. Sadly while there have been good moments, it’s not the adaptation I wanted. They’re rushing through the storylines and honestly I really wonder how anyone who hasn’t played the games can keep up. I was excited after the first episode, and it kind of went downhill from there (except for episode 13, if you’re a fan of the games but gave up on the anime – can’t blame you – watch it. It’s adorable). Also they make really unnecessary changes, they left out such important plot points AND character background stories/arcs and honestly, I’ve been bored lately. Also really frustrated because they’re really digging their own grave with what they’ve been leaving out. Ace Attorney is SUCH great source material and would’ve made such a terrific anime, if they hadn’t screwed up. Oh well, I’ll continue to watch while waiting for Spiritual Justice to come out.
BINAN KOUKOU CHIKYUU BOUEI-BU LOVE! LOVE!
Speaking of anime, I’m absolutely loving the second season of Binan. I’ve wanted to do a post on the first season for forever now, but I still haven’t gotten around to it. I still will though! While I’m one episode behind, it’s as hilarious as always. If you haven’t heard of Binan, it’s a magical girl anime, except with boys and that it’s a parody. It’s super silly and just such a fun watch. I love it (more on it in my hopefully soon to be posted separate post on it)
JANE THE VIRGIN
I’ve talked a bit about Jane in my previous wrap up, because I’ve been obsessed with it. I just finished season 1 as I’m writing this and oh my God. It’s so good guys. Jane is my new favourite character and Gina Rodriguez is my new favourite actress. Jane is so relatable (at least to me) and all of the characters are so unique and complex. The writing is hilarious and clever. I love the family dynamic. Oh and there are several murders here and there. BUT! Nothing too gruesome. It keeps you at the edge of your seat at all times and just begs you to watch another one. THE ENDING OF SEASON 1 GUYS. I NEED TO CONTINUE WATCHING RIGHT NOW (except I also really needed to blog so here I am). Anyway, just watch it. I’m obsessed so expect me to try and convince you multiple times in the future as well.
Okay so I’m SUPER behind on this one, mainly because of Jane the Virgin. But it’s really good and enjoyable so far. I’ve been waiting so long for this one (Bae Suzy and Kim Woo Bin are among my favourite Kdrama actors. So them being the leads in the same drama? GIMME) so I’m kind of disappointed in myself that I’m behind, but in my defence: Jane was calling my name. Also while it’s beautiful and there are definitely light moments, I have the feeling that it’s going to be sad and I didn’t want that right now. ALSO! The longer I wait the more I can binge watch. But seriously, if you’re looking for a new Kdrama look no further.
SHOWS I’M TECHNICALLY STILL WATCHING BUT HAVEN’T WATCHED IN A WHILE
- YOUNG JUSTICE: I LOVED season 1 and would recommend it in a heartbeat. I thought it would be one of my favourite shows, but I’m really disappointed with season 2 and am having trouble getting into it. I just loved the original team and they just introduced way too many new characters at once (with half of the original main characters no longer being main characters??). Anyway, I’m still planning on eventually at least trying to watch season 2
- GILMORE GIRLS: It’s not funny how long it’s taking me to finish season 7. I’m just not enjoying it like previous seasons. I’ve got five episodes left. But I can’t bring myself to watch it. I will watch it before the new show comes out though
- SUPERGIRL: I’ve watched the first three episodes, and while I liked it, I was also bored? I’m determined to keep watching though. Hopefully it will get better
- HIGH KICK! THE REVENGE OF THE SHORT LEGGED: A sitcom rather than a Kdrama, I mostly started watching this because I love Krystal and then when I started it I noticed that Lee Jong Suk (who played the lead in Pinocchio, read my review here) is in it as well, who I absolutely loved in Pinocchio, which happens to be my favourite Kdrama alongside Dream High. So far I don’t find it that funny yet and the fact that there are 123 episodes or something really puts me off
- YOU’RE BEAUTIFUL: I watched the Japanese remake years ago so decided to give the original Kdrama a try. I love Park Shin Hye, but at some point she tried to spit out a fire and that made me kind of nauseous so ever since I’ve been putting it off haha. I will try and watch episode 2 again (hopefully without getting nauseous) soon though, because what I had watched so far was enjoyable
SHOWS THAT ARE ON HIATUS RIGHT NOW:
- TEEN WOLF: Waiting for the last season! Honestly I’m glad it’s ending. I’m still furious about what happened to Arden (read my post about it on The Feministas here) and shows should end before they go downhill (and honestly it has been going downhill already). I’m not looking forward to not seeing Kira, but it looks intense and you know. STYDIA
- LIV AND MADDIE: I love this show so much. I am upset about what happened to my ships last season, but it’s still enjoyable. I love the characters and the focus on family and friends. It’s just such a breeze to watch, so I can’t wait to have it back in my life
- THE REAL O’NEALS: I recently binge watched this and I loved it. Sure it has it’s flaws, but it’s hilarious and mostly positive. I fell in love with the characters so quickly and I laughed out loud so many times.
And that’s my list! Are you watching any of these? Any shows you’d recommend based on these? Just what are you watching in general? Let me know in the comments!