Thank you Yvo, Janet, Kayleigh and Cassie for tagging me! Go check out their lovely blogs. I apologise in advance that this is going to get quite long. I’m really behind on tags (Yvo and Janet tagged me for this a year ago.. so sorry guys.) so I’m turning this into one post.
1. What is your favorite read so far this year?
Monsters of Men by Patrick Ness
2. Physical copy, e-copy or audiobook?
3. Which five things you can’t live without when you go on vacation?
A book, my camera, sunglasses, a notebook and thus pencils
4. Which travel destinations are high on your list if money wouldn’t be a problem?
Japan, always Japan
5. What is your favourite genre and book belonging to that genre?
Fantasy and Harry Potter (I’d say I’m getting predictable but my blog name is The Writing Hufflepuff so I’ve been predictable since day 1)
6. If you could have any superpower, which one would it be?
I’d love to be able to heal everything so that I could save everyone. Of course this would come with a lot of responsibility and I still wouldn’t be able to save everyone since there are so many people in the world, but still.
7. How do you decide what you read next? Do you have a TBR jar; and if you do, do you always read the book you pick?
I look at my shelves to see what I’m in the mood for
8. What are your thoughts on DNFing a book?
If you’re not enjoying it and have to force yourself to finish it, just drop it.
9. Love triangles: do you enjoy them or are they a huge turn off?
Turn off. Except The Infernal Devices (this was floating around the blogosphere a while ago, about how a lot of YA readers hate them, except for TID haha)
10. What genres do you normally stay away from?
Erotica. Just nope
11. What is your favorite supernatural creature? Why?
Ooooh I love them all. That doesn’t count does it? But it’s true. I find them all interesting
1.What subject do you think should be taught in schools? (It can be absolutely anything)
How To Survive In The Real World 101 in which you learn how to handle money, CPR but also things like politics.
2. What subject do you think should NOT be taught in schools?
Oh I have no idea. While I didn’t enjoy all subjects in secondary school I did see why they were important
3. Whipped cream or ice cream?
Seriously I love both so much
4. If you woke up to find you were the only person on Earth, what would be the first thing you’d do?
Search the Earth to see if there’s really no one left
5. Favourite childhood book?
Pluk van de Petteflet, which has been translated into English (Tow-truck Pluck). I loved that book so much. It still gives me warm fuzzy feelings thinking about it.
6. What is your favourite desert?
Chocolate. Chocolate is always good. Chocolate never lets me down. Except that’s a lie. I tried these cute panda shaped chocolates a few days ago and it was disgusting. Didn’t even taste like chocolate. I was nauseous the rest of the evening.
7. What gives you inspiration to write blog posts?
Everything. Books, tv shows, movies, music, games, the news, real life, personal experiences, just my brain (with that I mean that often ideas just come to me out of nowhere so I’d hereby like to thank my brain)
8. Which is your favourite day of the week and why?
Friday, because it’s the start of the weekend and it feels like I still have so much free time left, unlike Saturday evening and Sunday
9. An alien visits Earth and asks you to teach it one thing. What do you teach it?
Um. Damn Janet you have such interesting questions and I have no interesting answers haha. I dunno just show him that while humanity screws up a lot we also do a lot of amazing things so please don’t invade us/kill us all?
10. What’s your favourite season and why?
Spring and Autumn, and since I have hay fever I tend to lean more towards Autumn.
11. Why did you decide to start your blog?
I wanted to have my own space to talk about things I’m passionate about (mostly books and writing) and through it meet people who are just as passionate (I’d say mission accomplished! Though I always want to meet more people)
1. What’s your favourite thing in the entire world?
2. If you could re-read any book before you died what would you pick?
Going to be very unpredictable again and say Harry Potter haha
3. What would you say is the best Disney film?
HAHA NOPE SORRY KAYLEIGH BUT I’M NOT CHOOSING. I just can’t
4. If you could travel to anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
5. What is your biggest pet peeve?
You know, I have SO MANY pet peeves (you guys think I’m sweet and positive but I can be so bitter haha), but whenever someone asks me about them I forget them haha. People who are rude to another person without any reason is definitely one. Why can’t we just be polite to one another? Speaking of which, when I greet the bus driver and they say nothing back.
6. Do you like rainy days or snowy winter days more?
Rainy days. While I do like how everything looks covered in snow, it quickly melts and becomes brown, so it’s no longer pretty and is just a nuisance.
7. What’s the best gift you ever received?
Oh um. I don’t know! I just appreciate every gift. It’s the thought behind it that counts after all.
8. If you could wish for anything that would come true, what would you wish?
Never-ending world peace
9. Where would you go in a time travel machine?
EVERYWHERE. Everywhere that is safe anyway haha. Don’t want to get my head chopped off or die from the plague or something lovely like that
10. What superpower would you most like to have?
Like I said earlier, I would love to have healing powers
11. If you were guaranteed the answer to one question, what would your question be?
Aaah you guys need to stop with your deep questions I have no deep answers to return hahaha. There are probably a thousand questions I’d want to ask, but at times like this my mind just goes blank.
1. Favourite Icecream Flavour?
Probably cookie dough. I really love vanilla though. Whenever I try out a new flavour I always get vanilla as well just to be safe
2. How do you prefer your water?
A) Room temperature (from the tap)
B) Room temperature with ice cubes in it
Though if it’s hot I want ice cubes in it
3. Mac or PC?
Mac. I’m so used to my Macbook that I can’t work on a PC or non-Apple laptop anymore
4. Do you get annoyed when people say “[this book] is the next [popular book]”?
YES! Because if they compare it to a book I didn’t like I’m less likely to pick it up, even though this book might be really good and nothing like the book they’re comparing it with so I’m missing out. And if they’re comparing it with a book I loved my expectations will be so high that it’s very likely I’ll be disappointed. Please don’t do this.
5. It’s Christmas eve. You hear a noise, so you go searching and discover Santa Claus leaving presents under the tree. Turns out he’s real. What do you do?
I’d probably scream because there’s a stranger in my house (even if they offer you presents, never trust a stranger kids!)
6. Do you like sports?
7. You are going away for a weekend. Do you pack:
A) Only a couple of clothes, it’s only for a weekend after all
B) Enough clothes to last a month, you won’t know what you feel like wearing when you get there
C) Practically your entire wardrobe, the weather could do anything…
8. If you could afford it, which book/book series would you own every possible edition of?
Harry Potter. I’m actually already working on this collection. I’ve already got the old Dutch editions since they’re the ones I grew up with, the original Bloomsbury editions of Philosopher’s Stone and Deathly Hallows and the new Bloomsbury editions of all the books.
9. What’s your method for writing a blog post? (eg/ Do you schedule/draft posts, or do you just write and post)?
I used to be a scheduling pro, and I’m slowly getting
my head back in the game, but I often just get an idea, write and post it as well
10. How long have you known your best friend?
Ooh I honestly don’t know! I feel like it’s been forever but that’s impossible haha. I’ve been blogging for a little over two years now, so it can’t be longer than that.
11. Have you enjoyed answering these questions?
I won’t be tagging anyone this time, but what superpower would you like to have? And what’s your favourite ice cream flavour? Let me know in the comments!