Hey guys! It feels like it’s been a while, even though there were posts up on the blog all of them were scheduled. I didn’t mean to skip last week’s wrap up, but I haven’t been feeling well this week (yay for being a girl *sarcasm*). I’ve been feeling better, but I’m still exhausted from not sleeping well and feeling ill. This also means I’m super behind on reading blog posts again (I swear I’m either all caught up or not at all, THERE IS NO IN BETWEEN), but hopefully I’ll catch up again before school starts. It wasn’t all bad though! I had moments where I felt better and managed to schedule posts. I still need to do some more scheduling, but if I don’t get to that, at least I won’t disappear entirely once I go back to school. Anyway, let’s start this wrap up!
Okay so you may remember that I’m participating in the ReadThemAllThon. I was really motivated when I wrote my sign up post and when the read-a-thon first started, but I lost my motivation oops. It also didn’t help that for a few days this week I had such a horrible stomach ache that I didn’t have the energy to read. So what did I read since my last wrap up?
- I’m still reading Persuasion. It’s not that I’m not enjoying it, but the letters are tiny and since I wasn’t feeling well I didn’t want to read it.
- I read Harry Potter Film Wizardry and loved it. Hopefully I’ll be able to write a post on it soon
- I read Born to Magic and was thoroughly disappointed. Review coming up (it’s already scheduled and everything! I’m so proud!)
- I read the entire Orange manga (there are only 5 volumes but still) in one night and it messed me up. IT WAS SO GOOD GUYS. 10/10 WOULD RECOMMEND. Hopefully I’ll be able to write a post on it
- I read Blue Lily, Lily Blue and if everything goes to plan I’ll go get The Raven King tomorrow since I still have a book voucher left
- I started rereading Prisoner of Azkaban since I felt horrible and I needed Harry Potter
So I have a crappy memory and I don’t remember everything that happened/I did, though not much this week besides staying home. Last week I did go to ‘Beeld en Geluid’ with my mom, a friend of my mom’s and his son (who I’ve mentioned before and is basically my brother from another mother haha). It’s a museum dedicated to Dutch television, but it’s also interactive since you can do things yourself as well, like reading the news. We had a lot of fun.
You could also pretend to be in a car chase (top right picture) and in the kids zone you could pretend to be a princess or a knight, and I know it now looks like a side for girls and a side for boys, but in the knight one I was both a blue and a pink knight, and in the princess one I changed into some kind of dragon slayer (I DIDN’T WANT TO SLAY THE DRAGON I WANTED TO BE ITS FRIEND. I was so devastated to see the dragon knocked out haha), so they were showing kids that you can be both, though on the outside that isn’t too obvious and I doubt many boys would stand behind the princess dress :/
Hmm what else. I need to work on my memory guys. Em recommended me a book yesterday and when I wanted to add it to my Goodreads TBR, it was already on there. It’s odd because when it comes to studying my memory is really good? Not to mention all the random trivia I remember. But I have no idea what’s been happening in my own life lol.
I do hopefully have something exciting to announce soon. Angel and I are planning something really fun that we can’t wait to tell you guys about, but we just need to arrange a few more things before we can. BUT I CAN’T WAIT.
- I reviewed The Crown’s Game, which I sadly didn’t enjoy that much
- I FINALLY wrote another Orlando post, it’s the last part of my day in Magic Kingdom
- I did the Fictional Characters as Olympians tag
- I was on a roll and wrote the final Orlando post, about Downtown Disney
- I judged my own writing again – if you enjoy those posts you’re in luck because I scheduled quite a few of them for the coming weeks!
- I created the ‘My Harry Potter Life Tag’
- On The Feministas I wrote a post about the criticism a Dutch athlete (Dafne Schippers) received after showing her frustration and disappointment in winning silver instead of gold
- Denise wrote a rant on anti-feminist YA
- Cait talks about absurd things that have happened during her book blogging reign
- Em’s, Eve’s and Victoria’s wonderful project Finding Our Feet is finished and the end product is beautiful and inspiring
- Eve created an amazing playlist for Carry On (which reminds me that I need to reread it but let’s be real everything reminds me that I need to reread it)
- Angel wrote a response to an anti-YA article saying that reading YA makes people illiterate (I haven’t read the article myself, just everyone’s responses to it)
- McKenzie gives 10 reasons why everyone should watch Gilmore Girls
- Charlotte wrote a post on abusive relationships in YA
- Aria gives 10 reasons why she would be the worst YA heroine
- CW talks about her problem with the word ‘diverse’
Alright so that’s a wrap! After today I only have ONE WEEK left of Summer holidays – EEK. How are you going to spend your last days of freedom? How has your week been? Let me know in the comments!