What the hell why am I wrapping up August already and why am I not on the Hogwarts Express right now
Bless Goodreads for existing because I barely remember what I read this month
- Fairy Tales from The Brothers Grimm
- Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery ★★★★
- The Hero, The Sword and the Dragons (Chronicles of Dragon #1) by Craig Halloran ★
- Darkness Reigns (The Kinsman Chronicles #1.1) by Jill Williamson ★
- Magic of Thieves (Legends of Dimmingwood #1) by C. Greenwood ★
- Crushed (The Witch-Game #1) by Kasi Blake ★
- Wink Poppy Midnight by April Genevieve Tucholke ★★★★
- Harry Potter Film Wizardry ★★★★★
- Born to Magic (Tales of Nevaeh #1) by David Wind ★
- Orange by Ichigo Takano volumes 1-5
- Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle #3) by Maggie Stiefvater ★★★★★
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (reread) by J.K. Rowling ★★★★★
- Persuasion by Jane Austen ★★★
While I didn’t write as much as during July, I did write quite a bit, not to mention plan, write outlines, worldbuilding etc. I didn’t really work much on my still unnamed contemporary that was my Camp NaNo project, but I did work on The Chosen Ones. I’d share some snippets but honestly it’s such a mess and while I like where it’s going now and what I’ve written lately, I want to rewrite it woops.
Also I cancelled last week’s Young Writers Chat because I wasn’t feeling well, and honestly while I didn’t say anything about it yet on Twitter I’m going to have to cancel this week’s as well. I’m just super tired and not motivated :/ I haven’t really been motivated to blog/read other people’s blogs either. So hopefully there will be another chat next Saturday.
Right, I set myself some goals for this years.
- I set myself the challenge to read the classics on my shelves for 2015, I didn’t read any of them. So I set myself the challenge again this year, and I finally read Persuasion. Whatever happens the rest of the year, at least I won’t fail this challenge entirely lol
- With Wink Poppy Midnight I read 5 books for The Contemporary Challenge. I’m aiming for at least 11 books, so I’m pretty behind
- I scheduled posts before school starts yay! There are still posts left that I want to schedule, but I’m already quite satisfied with what I did
- I finally wrote the last two posts about my trip to Orlando
- And while I haven’t finished The Army of Quermo, I did work on it
- I wrapped up July and all my weeks: #39 | #40 | #41
- I shared snippets of my Camp NaNo project to celebrate winning
- I reviewed Uprooted which I sadly didn’t enjoy that much
- I talked about the TV shows I’m currently watching
- I talked about why we should all pack up and move to the Animal Crossing world
- I tried to catch up on some tags and created a few of my own: The Sunshine Blogger Award | Summer Book Tag | Fictional Characters as Olympians | My Harry Potter Life Tag
- I judged my old writing again: Part X | Part XI | Part XII
- I wrote a few travel posts: Rome | Magic Kingdom Final Part | Downtown Disney
- I talked about the lessons I learned from reading Fairy Tales From The Brothers Grimm
- For this month’s Blogsterdam I created the Amsterdam Book Tag
- I reviewed The Hidden Oracle which I loved
- I reviewed The Crown’s Game which I sadly didn’t love
- Lastly I reviewed Crushed which I didn’t enjoy at all
I only have a few days of Summer holidays left, so I expect to be really busy when school starts. Like I said, I do have some posts scheduled. I think I have at least 3 every week this month? I’m not entirely sure.
How has your month been? Read any good books? Did anything fun? Let me know in the comments!