Last year I read quite a lot of comics, but one of my favourites was Lumberjanes (which is still ongoing yay!) So what is Lumberjanes about? Good question.
Lumberjanes is about:
- Girl scouts
- FRIENDSHIP TO THE MAX
- Magical and supernatural creatures
- Magical/supernatural woods that are probably alive
- Healthy, supporting girl friendships
- ADORABLE relationship between the girls and their cabin leader
- TRANS CHARACTERS
- TWO GIRLS SLOWLY FALLING FOR EACH OTHER AND BEING HELLA CUTE
- That’s not the only same-sex relationship tho
- Unique characters
- AND LOOK AT THEM
- THEY’RE NOT ALL WHITE
Aaand I just realised I also basically listed the reasons why you should read Lumberjanes oops.
So Lumberjanes is about five girl scouts and their cabin leader who discover that their camp isn’t really normal, nor are the woods the camp is in. They’re very badass and smart, yet also funny, loveable, with their fears and flaws. The Lumberjanes motto is basically ‘friendship to the max’, which is at the core of the story, even though it explores other kind of relationships and important issues as well. It’s kind of hard to explain it, because Lumberjanes can be a bit odd, especially in the beginning when you have no idea what’s going on, but it’s definitely worth it.
I can’t even put my love for Lumberjanes into words. I have so many feelings for it.
Other reasons why you should read it:
- Very pure and cute and fun and hilarious
- Though it also gets intense
- Did I mention the diversity (not just among the main characters!)
- Also I love how the smollest of them all is super strong like hell yeah
- And it shows that there are different kinds of intelligence
- The art style is so cute and pleasing to look at but can also be emotional when needed and the hilarious expressions are so on point
- The worldbuilding!
- It’s so relatable
- Gender roles? Who needs those?
Because I said so
Are you reading Lumberjanes? What do you think of it? Do you have any comic recommendations for me? Let me know in the comments!
PS. THIS IS A SCHEDULED POST I’M SORRY I NEED TO TAKE A MOMENT TO BE PROUD OF MYSELF