So… Tomorrow is my first school day. Not only is this the first time I’ll actually have class since the end of April, but it’s also at my new school, with new classmates and teachers, at a new location, in a city I’m not entirely familiar with… You could say I’m a little bit nervous.
So… What happened this week?
- I finished The Warlock by Michael Scott and OH MY GOD THAT ENDING. Did NOT see that coming.
- As soon as I finished The Warlock I started The Enchantress, but I haven’t finished it yet as it’s quite big and I didn’t have the time, plus on Friday I didn’t feel so good and couldn’t read.
Actually this happened on Saturday, but since neither me nor my mom left the house that day, I discovered the package on Sunday:
I won Dutch Nephilim’s giveaway consisting of a Lady Midnight preview and six post cards of the new TMI covers! I already read the preview of course (like I could wait haha) and it was amazing <3 I can’t wait for the entire book in March!
TEEN WOLF YOU CAN’T END 5A LIKE THAT NOOOO
On Thursday there was an introduction day at my new school and I did have some fun. It was nerve breaking and especially at the beginning of the day I wanted to cry, but I got through it and managed to talk to some people and laughed quite a bit.
Today I’m going to meet up with a friend and catch up a bit!
The rest of the week was rather slow. I enjoyed my last freedom haha and scheduled a few posts (not nearly as much as I would like!).
- I reviewed The Last Ever After (The School For Good and Evil #3) by Soman Chainani or more like fangirled haha
- I posted my first Blogsterdam post about Westerpark and of course felt the need to make a Herondale reference
- I interviewed Meg for Teens Tell Their Story
- I did the Quote Challenge in one post since I have quite a lot of tags to catch up on!
- I posted part two of my day in Magic Kingdom!
Last week I said I would answer your Q&A questions, but I kind of forgot? I’ll probably schedule it this week, but if it doesn’t happen: I haven’t forgotten! Also I’m not sure how much I’ll post from now on. I have no idea how busy I’ll be starting Monday. I won’t disappear completely though, even if I don’t post every day, I’ll try to be active on Twitter!
I’m not entirely caught up on all the posts posted this week, but here are some of my favourites!
- Taile from Twist in the Taile shares her trip to Paris
- Becca from Becca and Books talks about the agony that is waiting for a book release, particularly Queen of Shadows, which is very accurate
- Fiona from Escape With Writing talks about predictability in YA during Bloguest at Kayleigh’s blog Miserable and Magical. Her view on it is very spot on! (two separate links: click on Fiona to Writing for her blog, talks to on for the blogpost!)
- I loved this week’s Top Ten Tuesday’s topic, but my favourite take on it was Aentee from Read at Midnight
- Cassie from The Magical Adventures of Cassie the Weird doesn’t know what these books are about, but she needs them
- Kira from Delirious Dreams shares the first 25 of 101 books that you need to read before you die
So that was my last week of August, which means the last week of summer AND my last week of freedom *gulp*. I read a very accurate post on Tumblr yesterday about stressing about the stress that is to come. Yup. That’s how I feel! If you’re also starting at school tomorrow, GOOD LUCK. HANG IN THERE. YOU CAN DO IT. IN THE WORDS OF THE GREAT WALT DISNEY:
“Why worry? If you’ve done the very best you can, worrying won’t make it any better”